baskets

baskets

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lego Cake

For my youngest boy's birthday, I made a Lego cake since the theme he picked out was "Star Wars Lego"  I looked online and found a cake that someone made with Boba fett and Han Solo (frozen state) and looked really cool and easier than say make a starfighter cake. During my search, I also found a silicone mold to make little lego guys and leggo blocks!! so this is what I came up with.


here are the mold I found on Amazon.com.  I used candy melts to make the lego blocks and used rolled and colored fondant to make the lego guys, much easier and faster to use the fondant then the chocolate since you need to wait for the candy melt to set before removing them from the mold VS mold and remove the fondant

 I used skin color fort the head and placed it in the head cavity and then placed other color to the body push in real good and remove, let dry. easy peasy.

Boba was made using a real lego as a model so its not quite to scale but made it easier to get the shape right.  here he sits in my china cabinet with Hans Solo safe away from the giant cats and fingers of doom.








I don't think you can see it that well but I also found a lego block shaped candles from Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment