baskets

baskets

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Call me a slacker

Its Sunday again and I didn't post about my newest basket on time again! I do have lists of excuses but I'm sure you don't want to hear my excuses, you want to see the basket pattern right? I've been really digging Suzanne Moore's baskets lately and this week (well last week) I made Suzanne's Wrought Iron Curl Basket I really like the wrought Iron handle I think its really cool and somehow it make the basket feel sturdy not to mention it looks really nice.  One thing I didn't follow on her pattern is that I did not use the maple strip but instead I used very thin flat reed that I had saved for such occasion! When I open a pound of reed and find some that are thinner than average I save them for curls.   Not sure if you can find wrought Iron at your local craft store but Suzanne has them in different sizes and they are very reasonable priced! I always buy the Wrought Iron handles from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment