baskets

baskets

Monday, May 16, 2011

Spice Board Part 1

My friend's finished spice board
Not sure what you call it in America but my Japanese friends calls them Spice Board and they all make something like this in US before moving back to Japan.  I recently had the opportunity to start making one of these so I wanted to share with you the steps to make one of these things.  I will be doing this in several parts so come back next week to see part 2!

Things you'll need:

wooden board of your choice (I got this noodle board from viking woodcrafts  its the 8-3/4"X 11-1/2")

polymer clay in dark brown, lighter brown or terracotta color for pot (I used terracotta color for my pot) and silver

miniature empty bottle from doll house accessory (I got mine from Hobby Lobby if you don't have one
near you can order online)

dried spices and fresh herbs.  (for this project we used dried star of aniseed, tri-colored peppercorn, poppy seed, fennel, mustard seed, cloves, sesame seed, cinnamon stick, and chili pepper, fresh rosemary and parsley.

alphabet pasta and thin spaghetti (I found my alphabet pasta at a Mexican grocery store)

8oz of Pour on finish which can be purchased at your local craft store using coupon or at hobby lobby online.

if you have a clay extruder, life would be easier making these shapes but its not necessary to get the similar effect.

Now that you have all the supplies you need, you're ready to make a spice board with me! I'll be back next week with part 2 working with polymer clay!

No comments:

Post a Comment