baskets

baskets

Friday, February 18, 2011

Banananananana Bread

Mini loaf banananana bread
when I buy banana I try to buy a big bunch so I'll have sweet ripe bananas on my banana hook! This banana bread recipe is always a big hit with banana bread lover!  When we where living in California, I made some for my friend and her husband who happened to be a rocket scientist (seriously) said "they are the best banana bread I had" so I now have a seal of approval from a rocket scientist, not that they are the authority in banana bread but it sounds kinda cool don't it?

My youngest son who turned 5 recently loves this banana bread too so I call it banananana bread because when he was a little tot he could not say banana but he would say ba nananana hard to explain how he said it but it was really cute!

I use a stand up kitchen aid mixer to mix it all up but if you don't have one you can still do it the old fashioned way by hand.. (if you like baking, kitchen aid is a must! if you do pick one up, make sure you chose your colors carefully because its a life commitment! I've had mine for 15 years and it has even been knocked down the shelf but its still working like the first day I got it!)

Bananana Bread

2 Cups flour
1&1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 heaping cup mashed ripe banana
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp lemon juice

Grease One 9x5x3 Inch loaf pan or three 5 1/2x3x2 inch loaf pan 

I use Wilton's mini loaf pan and their paper liner because they are so cute! and so much easier to wrap it and give it as gift!
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and soda.  Set aside.  In a bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds.  Add sugar; beat until fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.  Add bananas, milk and lemon juice.  Beat until mixed.  Add flour mixture; beat until combined.  Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
Bake in a 350F oven 45-50mins for large pan, 35-40 for smaller pans, about 20mins for individual size.  until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.  watch your bread so they don't burn!  Some oven run hot so make sure you keep your eye on them and change your baking time accordingly! Cool bread in pans 10mins.  Remove from pan

Store at room temperature up to 3 days or in refrigerator up to 1 week.  Makes 1 large loaf, 3 smaller loaves, or 9 individual size loaf.  if you want to slice your large loaf it may be easier to wait over night until its completely cool but the small individual ones you can enjoy them while its still warm.. mmmm mmmm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment